The Adviser Lounge – terms and conditions of use
Acceptance of Terms
Reference to The Adviser Lounge includes all content available from www.adviserlounge.co.uk.
This website is intended for financial services professional only, not members of the public. Nothing in this website constitutes financial advice or should be considered a promotion of a financial product.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. You must register for The Adviser Lounge in your own name, not a company name. We do not permit ‘anonymous’ or false registrations.
2. With respect to all content (both video, text and graphics) you elect to post on or provided to The Adviser Lounge, you grant The Adviser Lounge a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable and worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce and deal with such content by all means whatsoever, (including, without limitation in print and in electronic form).
3. You agree not to use The Adviser Lounge to:
a. post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, fraudulent, discriminatory, provokes or encourages violence or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity;
c. post any content which you do not have a right to post;
d. post any content that may damage the reputation or good will of Skrivebord Ltd or The Adviser Lounge;
e. post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
f. post any content that would infringe any UK laws;
g. harass another;
h. collect or store personal data about other users;
j. post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised commercial advertising or promotional materials;
k. post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
The Adviser Lounge reserves the right to reject, block or delete any content or users in its absolute discretion without explanation.
4. The Adviser Lounge reserves all copyright in all content (both video, text and graphics) created by you. You may not re-purpose, re-publish, or re-present this content in any medium or format (whether hard copy, electronic or other) without the prior written consent of The Adviser Lounge. Where consent is permitted, any content or quotations reproduced by the press or media must be properly referenced and acknowledged as coming from The Adviser Lounge with an appropriate date.
6. Users of The Adviser Lounge is not targeted at children. Users who are under the age of 16 years of age are urged by The Adviser Lounge to get leave of a parent or guardian before starting to use The Adviser Lounge, and are further urged not to reveal any person details, including where they live, where they attend school, how old they are, or what their telephone number is.
8. The Adviser Lounge may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because The Adviser Lounge has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The Adviser Lounge is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that The Adviser Lounge shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. You expressly acknowledge and agree that The Adviser Lounge shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting out of or in connection with your use or the inability to use the service or any other matter relating to the service.
11. The views expressed on The Adviser Lounge are those of the authors and not The Adviser Lounge, we do not accept responsibility for them. We do not warrant that the information contained on The Adviser Lounge will be complete, accurate, up-to-date or reliable. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Adviser Lounge shall give rise to any duty of care, contract, warranty or any other obligation which is not expressly stated.
12. We collect some basic information about you when you register to use The Adviser Lounge. We may use this information to advise you of information, services, or products which we think may be of interest to you.
13. We do not guarantee the safe transmission or permanent storage of any messages or content you post to The Adviser Lounge.
14. We reserve the right to access all information and data stored and sent on The Adviser Lounge including any private correspondence or conversations.
15. Where you have agreed to be filmed by The Adviser Lounge, TheAdviser Lounge own both the content and editing rights in all footage. All edits to videos are made at the absolute discretion of The Adviser Lounge.
16. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
The Adviser Lounge is owned by Skrivebord Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number 07714302).